Pro-Ject Pre Box DS2 digitalPreamplifier with phono, digital and line inputs
• Phono stage (MM/MC), Line In on board
• 5 digital Inputs: 1x USB, 2x optical, 1x coax, 1x Bluetooth (aptX)
• Top grade AK4490 D/A chip (32-bit PCM 768kHz / DSD256)
• Up to 32bit/768kHz asynchronous USB (XMOS technology)
• DSD64, DSD128 & DSD256 (DSD over PCM)
• Up to 24bit/192kHz for optical & coax inputs
• 5 selectable digital filter characteristics
• 3 selectable sound modes
• Headphone output on the front (6.3mm)
• High-end ultra low phase oscillator with superior noise rejection
• RCA line level solid-state analogue output stage
• Ultra linear & ultra low noise circuitry
• Full alu/metal sandwich casing in silver or black
• Optional wooden side panels available!
Pre Box DS2 Digital - a true high performance all-arounder!
The advanced Pre Box DS2 Digital is an universal and very flexible pre-amplifier and D/A converter of highest class. The built in D/A converter AK4490, from high end manufacturer Asahi Kasai Microdevices, has five different digital filters which let you shape the sound to your preference. It offers full DSD256 support and upsampling of all input signals to 768kHz from USB, coaxial and optical inputs. This realizes high-resolution sound playback with a rich sound field and bass representation with less distortion. It features five digital inputs as well as analogue line level input and phono line in. The Bluetooth receiver supports aptX for best wireless sound conversion. That makes it suitable for any source available. One variable, one fixed analogue output and also one to connect the Pre Box DS2 Digital to your subwoofer are available. The samplerate converter (AK4137) features three different settings (sound modes). All that makes the Pre Box DS2 Digital the most versatile audiophile pre-amplifier D/A converter in its price range!
Due to its class-leading audio performance Pre Box DS2 Digital is an ultimate high-end bargain!
SRP: € 799,00
FAQ - Hints for using Pre Box DS2 digital
Q: Does the device support Windows 10?
A: The device is fully compatible with Windows 10. It may be necessary to reinstall latest drivers after updating from Windows 7/8/8.1 to Windows 10.
Q: Does a driver exist for Mac OSX- or Linux-Systems?
A: You do not need a driver. The driver is already integrated in the operating system.
Q: Pre Box DS2 digital will not be recognized by Mac OSX and is not available under Audio. What can I do?
A: Turn off your Computer and press at start alt+cmd+p+r until another starting sound appears. With this command the USB bus will be reset and the USB Box will be recognized new.
Q: Pre Box DS2 digital will not be recognized by Mac OSX (El Capitan/Sierra) or does not output sound.
A: There are many forum reports about that issue. It is a widely spread error affecting a wide array of USB DACs, unfortunately there is no current fix for this problem, since it lies in the Core Audio of Apple's OSX. We advice not to use our USB DACs with OSX El Capitan.